Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Truth

"But a day came where I woke up and realized I wanted to see them and talk to them not because I longed for them, but because they were people in my life who once meant everything. I say it often, but you cannot punish someone for not wanting you. You can’t shut someone out of your life and hate them because you are not the one that they chose. You can’t scold and ridicule and condemn. You have to accept and move forward and understand. You have to learn."



"But one day, I know that I will wake up and realize that it doesn’t need to hurt anymore.  And it will be from that point forward, but no sooner, that I look back and see how far I have walked away and the distance that separates us. And maybe, then, I’ll turn back around and see what sort of friendship we can restore.

Maybe there won’t be one and maybe there will be. But all I know is that it’s possible, and it’s okay. It’s okay to put someone you once loved back into your life. You loved them for a reason. And if you can see into those reasonsand beyond them, I think you’ll find yourself in a much happier place.
I know I have."

Quote from http://thoughtcatalog.com/chelsea-tirrell/2014/03/why-its-okay-to-be-friends-with-an-ex-and-how-to-do-it/

No comments:

Post a Comment